Monday, March 23, 2009

Rain

Rain. Defined as water that is condensed from the aqueous vapor in the atmosphere and falls to earth in drops more than 1/50 in. (0.5 mm) in diameter. It is something we all know. Some of us love it and some of us hate it. Where am I going with this? Nowhere really. I just can't think of anything else to write about. It was raining during my entire shift at work today. In addition to the melting snow it made for some very large puddles on the roads. Puddles, which I quite joyously drove through in an effort to create massive waves. About half the time succeeding.

I occasionally wonder what it would be like to exist as a drop of water. You evaporate and float up in the air to join your gaseous brethren in forming a cloud. Eventually you get a large group together and star throwing a part with loud thunderous music and lightening light effects. Then the Sky police show up and kick you out of the sky back to earth in sheets. Little do they know that you will soon evaporate again to rejoin the party in the sky. I can think of worse fates.

No comments:

Post a Comment